Have populated most of the Speeduino and hooked it up to the Mega and TunerStudio (going to buy a license for this GREAT piece of software). I cut up the temporary extension, and hooked up the “receptacle” to the board. Plugged it all in to the Pug and immediately blew the main fuse. Turns out I can’t count the CPS is pins 18 and 16 on the Pugs wiring, not 18 and 17. Replaced the 25A fuse with a 15 (temporarily) checked the numbers one more time and got it right!
Powered it up again and bingo! After setting the TunerStudio calibrations I now have a zero to 100% TPS, a Coolant Temp (CLT) and IAS (Air temp). The coolant shows about 15C and IAS about 18 which is close enough for me.
Had to play around with the Crank Position sensor but I’ve figured out I have a VR (Variable Reluctance) sensor for the CPS vs the easier to use Hall Effect. Now need to get a VR conditioner which may take a little bit of time – I have a BOM to build one but would still need to source the LM1815 chip.
Still, its moving on considerably! Can’t proceed much further until I get the CPS working but I’m amazed at the progress so far.
Important note – The “electronic” solder sold at Bunnings is shit. I bought some of this about a year ago and spent most of my time blaming my 35 YO Weller iron for problems soldering. I purchased a new Jaycar TS-1390 soldering station and my soldering was still “average” – all the resistor solder joints look a little “dull” – anyway there was one joint that would not “wet” at all so I decided to go to Jaycar and purchase some “new” solder. WHAT a difference! All of a sudden I can solder again. Clean bright joints. You get what you pay for I guess.