BPOS - Bluegum Point of Sale
Free, fast, networked, complete Point of Sale (POS) / Retail Management package
NOTE - BPOS is totally FREE - No licensing - if you are interested in trying BPOS, simply email us for a copy. Source code is available.
"BPOS" is a 32 bit Windows program - it runs in "Console Mode" so it is ultra fast and ultra small
- Networked (Multi User) system allows for almost unlimited simultaneous users (limited only by computer power)
- Almost unlimited number of Stock lines/PLU, customers, sales records, suppliers etc (actual number is approx 2 Billion).
- Versatile enquiry system allows for lookup on PLU, Title, Description, Description(2), Supplier, Department, Category code. Lookup on these fields is available anywhere in the system.
- 2 PLU fields supported. Allows you to put the barcode and the supplier catalogue code in to all stock items.
- Stock lines have 2 distinct text fields for lookup. An example would be Title and Author for books
- All lines have Department, Suppliers (3 permitted), Category, Packaging and other lookup fields
- Full customer management. Full lookup for customers including Address, Postcode and City
- Full stock control - Ordering, Receiving and Returns. Orders us a minimum stock value for suggested re-ordering values.
- Extensive reporting on all functions - over 120 reports standard.
- POS, Special Orders, Invoicing and Layby functions. Special Orders are linked to receiving and invoicing if required.
- Simple to use. BPOS is a "Windows Console Application" which facilitates fast data entry. It is designed to keep your hands on the keyboard, not on the mouse BUT you can still use the mouse.
- An individual workstation can run multiple sessions so enquiries can be handled whilst multiple (parked) POS sessions can proceed. The is no real limit to the number of concurrent sessions. For example: You are a one person business. You can keep a POS session running for quick customer response whilst holding another open for receiving of goods / ordering.
- BPOS can be simply reconfigured to support key requirements of YOUR business. This may be a simple as a specialist report or an entire system module.
- Absolutely tiny system requirements - ANY windows computer built in the last 10 years can run BPOS
- Any version of Microsoft after 2000 / XP includes 7 and 8
- BPOS only requires 10mb of RAM above system RAM - Will happily run on 256MB RAM system - If they still existed!
- 800 x 640 SVGA monitor minimum 1024 x 768 recommended.
- One machine in your network will run as the server however there are no special requirements for the "server" - the server is NOT dedicated. It will also run as a workstation. Note that Windows XP will only accept 10 inbound connections. Note: Windows Server is recommended for > 10 workstations.
- Windows Compatible printer
If you have a query about BPOS by Bluegum then please email Tony by clicking on this link.