InfrastructureThe property features the following infrastructure components
- The property is now on a fully sealed road. It is a tarred road all the way to the highway.
- Town water - the property is connected to Sydney water but also has tank and dam water available.
- 240V Mains Electricity - currently Endeavour Energy.
- Mains Natural Gas - Installed May 2012. The gas cooktop (still with electric oven) has been converted. There is a "Rinnai Avenger 25" flueless gas heater on a bayonet point in the living room. It can heat the living room by itself or just "take the chill off" with 20 minutes running in the morning. 5 Year warranty
- Solar System (PV) - The home features a 1.6 Kw Solar power system. This was installed by "Aussie Solar" in May 2010. It has 9 x 185 watt panels on the south roof. The inverter is located on the west deck next to the main power box. The inverter is 2.2 Kw model (there is room for expansion) with a 5 year warranty. Life of the system is projected as 25 years. The property is on the 60c / Kwh Feed in Tariff (FIT).
- ADSL Internet connectivity. This is currently ADSL 1 @ 1500/256 Kb/s. NBN has been announced for Faulconbridge before 2016. The house is wired with CAT5 cable from the study to the living room and also out to the shed. The inbound telephone line terminates at a Krone frame where it is distributed to the rest of the house. This makes additions / rewiring simple. The house ADSL line filter also resides here. There are 3 fixed telephone points in the house and 1 for the ADSL connection.
- Hot water is a 360 litre Off Peak Electric.
- Integrated 4 camera, internet accessible security system with recorder (DVR). You can check the house from your smartphone.
- The property is on septic tank sewage. The tank was last pumped out late (September) 2010. Soak away drains were replaced in 2007
- There is 33,000 litres rainwater capacity in 2 tanks. Under the house is a 11000 litre tank. This is fed from the roof guttering. This tank has a fully underground overflow pipe which connects to the fire pond. A 5.5 HP petrol Honda fire fighter pump connects this tank to the upper 22000 litre tank by a 25mm polypipe. This pump also has a 4th fire fighting hose connected to it. The upper tank feeds back to irrigation circuits as well as a tap located on the south side deck. There are interconnects to feed the tanks to the yard circuits if required.
- There are approximately 20 taps located around property and connected to common system by 25mm poly pipe. It is possible to feed this all this system via pumps, tanks or mains with the exception of 4 taps on the eastern margin. These can only be fed via pump. The system is simple and sections can be isolated by in-ground valves. A computer controlled irrigation system controls water to the shade house, the bottom "nissan" enclosure and the verandah plants. It is fed from the rainwater tanks but can be fed from the mains if required.
- There is a dam located ~6o metres from the house and "Fire Pond" 5 metres from the house. There is a 5 HP Honda located at the dam and a 5.5 HP Tecumseh pump at the fire pond. (There are 3 pumps in total) This is capable of pumping from the fire pond into the 3 fixed fire fighting reels located under the house. Combined with the 4th hose attached to the tank pump, these provide overlapping 360 degree coverage of the house. The fire pond can be filled from the dam or from the swimming pool. It is also possible to fill the fire pond from the mains. Note above that all these pumps can also fill the other circuits around the property.
- The main electricity board (on the western deck) has been rewired completely over the last few years and has RCD breakers for all circuits. The house was rewired with extra GPO plugs to provide power wherever it is needed. A television antenna on the roof receives all Sydney digital channels and there are 3 outlets provided. One in the living room, main bedroom and beside the computer in study. The addition of an extra antenna will also provide access to Wollongong channels if required.
- We have recently (2012) completed fencing the area to the immediate south and east of the house. This includes 2 new 3 metre gates - wide enough for vehicles. This has enabled us to keep the wallabies out and maintain the gardens. The rest of the property has basic fencing in in place. This includes the fence and gates along Chapman Parade.
- The property has an "Innotech" electronic dog containment system in place. This uses an underground transmitter loop with special collars. These collars and the transmitter are part of the property. We have the original documents for this system
VehiclesA couple of vehicles come with the property
- A new (2015) 22HP Husqvarna ride on mower with hydrastatic drive and 42” cut. It has a 5 year warranty
- Mitsubishi Triton 4WD "paddock basher" Ute - this looks rough but starts reliably and is a really useful tool