Anthony Peter Glynn ( Tony )
+61 2 4751 8497 ( Home )
+61 4 0910 1205 ( Mobile )
Email: tglynn.at.hotmail.com -or- tonyglynn58.at.gmail.com (please replace the. at. with @!)
Home Page: bluegumsoftware.com
Interests: Technology of all descriptions, R/C Aircraft, Things with wheels.
Key Technical Skills
- Microsoft Operating Systems - Server 2012 / Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 / 2008 / 2003
- Microsoft Servers - SQL Server 2008 R2 - 2012 / ISA 2006-2004(Proxy) / SCCM
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- VMWare ESX server 4 & 5 (vSphere)
- HP Proliant Server Infrastructures
- HP SAN Infrastructures
- Systems Management Infrastructures (HP SIM / SNMP / WSUS / SCCM / SCOM)
- Server and Desktop Standard Operating Environments (SOE) and Deployment technologies
- Scripting and VB.Net Application Development
- User applications - Finance One / Basix / Confluence / Wikis /li>
- Middleware applications - Weblogic / Tomcat
- Linux - RHEL/Centos 5&6
- Deep exposure to HADOOP / CDH5 infrastructure and administration
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – MCSE in Windows 2003,2000,NT4,3.51
- Cloudera Certified Administrator
- Citrix Certified Administrator; CCA in Metaframe XP,Metaframe 1.8
Continuously MCSE certified since 1996
November 2004 – Present
Architect, develop, implement and maintain:
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) - Canberra
Role: Senior Infrastructure Developer
- Wintel & Linux based Infrastructures / ICT systems including SQL and ISA server
- Business recovery infrastructures.
- System management tools including custom tools using WMI, VBScript
- Review of system implementation designs.
- Consulting on technology directions.
- VMWare virtual infrastructures.
- Active Directory troubleshoot and maintain.
- HP Hardware - Blade Servers, EVA Storage.
- Server and workstation SOE/Deployment.
- Documentation! (No - I actually do doco)
- Applications instalation and management include Oracle Weblogic (10.3.3), Sanctuary Device Management (4.x), Altiris Deployment Server (9.9.4), Technology One Finance One(10.2, 11.x)
- Linux RHEL 5/6
July 2004 - October 2004
NSW Business Link
Role: Infrastructure Architect
Development of Wintel based Infrastructure architecture for a 10,000 user NSW government departments using ITIL principles. Develop and review of system implementation designs. Consulting on technology directions.
March 1999 - June 2004
Compaq Computer Corporation / Hewlett Packard Consulting and Integration Services
Role: Senior Technology Consultant
Architecture consulting on a broad range of Windows Server (2000/4.0/XP) technologies
on a project level with emphasis on Active Directory
analysis and design. Team Specialist in HP/Compaq Intel hardware with
emphasis on Storage and Cluster technologies. Extensive SAN and Cluster
experience. Attended Compaq SAN University. Built and managed
servers for TechEd 2002 network. Solutions Architect for Powerlink Queensland
Server Consolidation / W2K Migration project ($1.6M). Hardware
engineering manager on ‘Triangle’ a global $250M
Application Service Provider (ASP) project. Developed entirely
hands-off server build system for 96 server data centre.
Produced production SOE NT4 Server build for Cable and Wireless Optus. Participated in Optus ‘Citrix 500’ Migration project with responsibility for server build and integration (40 Servers).
Ran Optus Citrix / NT Migration Test laboratory performing integration and performance testing. Produced documentation to support above. Provided high level technical support to NT Migration team. Other highlights include DHCP / WINS network design for Transgrid. Microsoft Cluster server build, integration and migration for Boral Limited.
- Selected to attend HP “TechCon USA” in 2003 and 2004
- Awarded HP“High Achiever” Award in 2003
- Session presenter at Microsoft TechEd 2002“Hot Split Replicated volumes for Exchange 2000 backup”
Updated June 2014